Join Getty Images and National Geographic contributing photographer Christopher P. Baker on photo tours and expeditions to Costa Rica, Colombia, Cuba and Mexico’s Sea of Cortés on behalf of Jim Cline Photo Tours, Lindblad Expeditions, Lumaria Workshops, National Geographic Expeditions, Tom Brichta Photo Workshops, Un-Cruise Adventures and more
“Colombia as a destination is long overdue and Christopher’s delight in showing it to us was infectious… Chris was the perfect trip leader. His knowledge of the country and its history is vast and he enthusiastically wanted to share it with us along with his years of experience as a photographer… He’s talented, interesting, accessible, and fun to travel with. Plus, he really did seem to care about each of us — if we were okay, getting good images, too tired, too hot, etc.“
Judy B. ‘Colombia 2018,’ Jim Cline Photo Tours
“Chris was way above our expectations. Vast knowledge of Cuba and was able to communicate clearly — he was like having a living Google Now with you. By the end of the trip we considered him a good friend that we would like to see again.”
Reno D., ‘Eastern Cuba 2017,’ Jim Cline Photo Tours
“More than I could have imagined. Chris made photography, history and current events fascinating. Plus he truly had a love for the locals and treated them with compassion and respect.”
Paula Z. ‘Eastern Cuba 2017,’ Jim Cline Photo Tours
“Please, please, feel free to invite me on ANY cruise that Christopher Baker does with you again and I will spread the word. I know he was recovering from a cycling injury and still gave terrific lectures… I learned quite a bit to bring home.”
Mary Ann A., ‘Mexico’s Sea of Cortes 2017,’ UnCruise Adventures
These tours are perfect for professional photographers, beginners, and amateur hobbyists alike.
SEE CALENDAR OF TOURS FOR DESTINATIONS AND DATES
In October 15, 2017, the Trump administration recalled half the staff of the U.S. Embassy in Havana, claiming that they “have been targeted in specific (sonic) attacks.” The State Department issued a travel warning advising against all travel to Cuba.
NOW THE GOOD NEWS… Following months of investigation and four FBI trips to Havana, a report (January 4, 2018) from the bureau’s Operational Technology Division says the FBI probe has uncovered NO EVIDENCE that sound waves could have damaged the Americans’ health, as the Trump administration has claimed. “There are some people with symptoms that are unexplained,” said Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), a member of the Senate Foreign Intelligence Committee. “The Cubans bristle at the word ‘attack.’ I think they are justified at doing so. The FBI has said there is no evidence of an attack. We shouldn’t be using that word.”
In response, on January 10, 2018, the State Department softened its travel warning.
In my opinion, the travel warning never made sense. There was never any evidence of any threat to U.S. tourists, nor that any so-called “attacks.” To the contrary, more than 4.5 million tourists safely visited Cuba last year, including a record high of 620,000 U.S. citizens. I, too, have visited Cuba repeatedly throughout 2017 and already in 2018… without reporting so much as a headache!