Adventure motorcycle journalist, travel writer & celebrity biker Christopher P. Baker has written about motorcycling for Adventure Motorcycle, BWM ON, BMW Motorcycle Magazine, CNN Travel, Motorcyclist, Motorrad & Reisen, National Geographic Traveler, Rider, and Robb Report, among other publications
Looking for a motorcycle writer and photographer specializing in travel? Christopher is available for magazine assignment and motorcycle tour and product reviews, plus speaking engagements, and as an experienced group motorcycle tour leader specializing in Cuba
Background photo: Moto-journalist Christopher P. Baker on a BMW 1200GS at the Bay of Pigs, Cuba, 2015
In 1996 Christopher shipped his BMW R100GS motorcycle to Cuba and rode 7,000 miles during a three-month journey to research the Moon Cuba guidebook. His award-winning literary travel book–Mi Moto Fidel: Motorcycling Through Castro’s Cuba–describing the journey was published by National Geographic Adventure Press and was named ‘Travel Book of the Year.’
In 2013 he led the first group motorcycle tours in Cuba for U.S. citizens since the Revolution.
He arranges and leads customized group motorcycle tours of Cuba for MotoDiscovery, Cross Cultural Journeys, and RTW Moto Tours: SEE CUBA MOTORCYCLE TOURS.
Christopher is an engaging speaker and frequently presents at the BMW Motorcycle Owners Association international rally and Horizons Unlimited travelers meeting, etc., as well as giving radio and TV interviews about motorcycling in Cuba.
- Scotland’s North Coast 500 route by 2017 Indian Roadmaster
- Slovenia & Croatia by Vespa scooter
- Breaking’ Bones in Baja… story to appear in Adventure Motorcycle
- 12-day Western & Cuba motorcycle tour (Jan 15-26, 2017)…. SPACE STILL AVAILABLE!
- 8-day Western Cuba motorcycle tour (Apr 23-May 4, 2017)… SPACE STILL AVAILABLE!
Latest blog posts…
- Product Review: Givi Trekker Outback cases are tops
- Badass Baja California off-road trip magazine story coming soon!
- Nolan N44 Crossover High-Visibility helmet test
- ‘Travels with Rick Steves’ interview on motorcycle tours in Cuba with Christopher P. Baker
- Riding a Suzuki V-Strom 1000 in Cuba
- RTW Moto Tours launches motorcycle tours in Cuba for U.S. citizens
- Superb new coffee-table book: Cuban Harleys–Mi Amor
- Australian Road Rider publishes my story on South Africa by Indian Roadmaster
Latest magazine story…
- Sidi Crossfire 2 boot review, in BMW ON Magazine (Jan 2017)
- “Cuba Redux: U.S. Riders Can Legally Taste the Forbidden Fruit” in BMW ON Magazine (Nov 2016)
South Africa by 2015 Indian Roadmaster, in the February 2016 edition of Rider…
Sample motorcycling stories & reviews…
- BMW ON Magazine (Nov 2016) “Cuba Redux: U.S. Riders Can Legally Taste the Forbidden Fruit”
- BMW ON Magazine (Nov 2016) “Givi Trekker Outback Case” product review
- Australian RoadRider (Jan 2016): “Cape Adventures”
- Rider (Feb 2016): “Touring South Africa’s Cape Peninsula, Big Game Country & Winelands”
- South China Morning Post Magazine (Dec 2015): “South Africa’s Cape Province: A Monster Bike and a few Close Calls with the Wildlife”
- Sawubona: South African Airways in-flight magazine (Jan 2016): “Free-wheeling South Africa”
- Robb Report (Dec 2015): “Indian’s Roadmaster gives BMWs Sport Touring Bike a Run for its Money”
- BMW ON Magazine (Nov 2015): “Product Reviews: Excel Throttle Control GEN3”
- National Geographic (online): “Top 10 Motorcycle Rides in the USA”
- BMW Motorcycle Magazine (Winter 2013): “Cuba si!”
- ADV Magazine (Oct 2013): “Chasing Che: Motorcycling Through Castro’s Cuba”
- CNN Travel (Aug 2013): “Ten of the World’s Best Motorcycle Rides”
- Luxury Travel Australia (Aug 2013): “Chasing Che’s Chevy by Motorcycle”
- National Geographic Traveller UK (May 2009): “Chasing Che’s Chevy by Motorcycle”